Live in downtown Mill Valley! Enjoy an outstanding home filled with natural light, character, and generously scaled rooms. Lives just like a single family home - no shared walls. Great outdoor spaces, fantastic southern exposure, a large balcony and expansive hillside views. Updated kitchen, hardwood floors, fireplace, and well-landscaped backyard. Bonus/basement space includes laundry, office, and a huge storage room.
3 Bd / 2 Ba / 1,959 sq ft / 2 Car Covered Parking
Listed for $1,595,000
the Logan and Bernard group
Golden Gate Sotheby’s International Realty
For the Love of Lovell
top 10 reasons we adore our home
written by the current owners
1. Redwoods trees - the main reason we moved to Mill Valley. The historic Mill is just a block away, and the park is amazing. Walking through the Redwoods – and seeing the constant changing colors and blooms of the smaller trees - makes you feel like you’ve had 15lbs lifted off your shoulders.
2. Downtown - Being part of such an amazing history that started in the late 1800's - which has, somehow, just gotten better over time - is a fantastic thing. Living one block away from the Depot, Equator Coffee, Peets, Vacso, Beerworks, Playa, El Paseo, Samurai Sushi, La Ginestra, Balboa and so many more favorites is really the good life! We also love knowing that wonderful places like Mill Valley Lumber Co. are being re-vitalized to be better than ever, while still maintaining their historic charm.
3. The local hikes, like Cascade - where you have your own private swimming hole, just like people enjoyed in the turn of the century. It's a perfect afternoon stroll that we do at least a few times a week. Just walk out the door and in less than two minutes you're on an adventure equal (maybe even better) than Muir Woods. Just a little further down the hike leads to the Falls. There, the spray hits your face in the most refreshing way. It's amazing!
4. Speaking of Muir Woods, a hike there is 3 miles away -- head up the Dipsea steps and you're on your way! It's something we also do fairly frequently. Almost a sin to NOT get there at least once a month.
5. Being two blocks away from gems like Illumigarden. This is a small and beautiful outdoor oasis, loaded with sculptures and other artwork, where you'll find a variety of hot teas (all free) and art materials so you can unload your inner Picasso while having a perfect moment of Zen. Most locals have no idea, but the neighbors living on Lovell know this secret spot!
6. “I ran out of half & half for my coffee!” You'll never worry about things like this, because hop on your bike or set out on foot and one minute later you're at the wonderfully quaint Mill Valley Market. It's fantastic. They are so nice and they have everything.
7. The way the sunlight fills the house from sun up to sunset - and sitting out on the front patio overlooking it all, really any time of day, is the perfect treat. And after sundown, we love snuggling under a blanket and watching shooting stars.
8. If you listen closely, you can hear the giggles from the street of the kids walking to the library or the school at Old Mill – one of Mill Valley’s much loved, highly ranked elementary schools.
9. There’s nothing quite like Depot concert nights and the sound of music drifting from the square.
10. The charming character and cozy feel of the house makes it truly feels like home.